MPK Equity Partners is a Dallas-based private investment firm partnering with exceptional entrepreneurs and executives to invest in and acquire growing, profitable, category-leading companies.
We invest in and have significant experience in a broad array of industries. As we develop relationships in certain industries, we will naturally build a deeper concentration in each – such is the case with our focus in the franchising space. Across our current and realized portfolio, we have invested in a total of 17 franchisors across the following verticals: home services; health, wellness, and beauty; restaurants; and youth enrichment. Few investment firms have more experience investing in founder-owned franchisors than MPK.
Because we are not a traditional private equity firm, we are not constrained by fund specific hold periods, limitations around investment structuring, or any other outside forces which may impact our ability to act in the best interest of the companies in which we invest. And because we are a small group, the MPK team members with whom you interact are the decision makers who speak for the firm.
We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
Areas of Focus
Industries of Interest
- Branded Consumer
- Education Services
- Home Services
- Outdoor Enthusiast
- Tech-Enabled Business Services
- Majority or minority recapitalizations and growth equity investments
- Ideally the first institutional capital
- Capital used to:
- Fund organic or acquisition-led growth
- Recapitalize a company, buyout a shareholder, diversify founders’ net worth
- Acquire a minority piece of a business from founders or other shareholders
- Economic alignment with company leaders through generous equity incentive plans tied to superior company performance
- Closely held / founder-owned
- Energized, highly capable CEO and executive team
- Profitable, growth-oriented private companies with established, proven business models
- Defensible competitive positioning